The WHO in its latest resolve has taken up a mission to eradicate blindness by the year 2020. According to the statement, Optometry is the first line of defence against the blindness.
Optometry is a primary health care profession, which encompasses the prevention and remediation of disorders of the vision system through examination, diagnosis, treatment, management of visual efficiency, eye care.
Spread over a period of two years, our well designed course includes training a student for
- Optometric contact lens therapy
- Low vision therapy
- Vision rehabilitation
- Development in vision treatment
- Ocular Pathology and Consultation
The students are trained and have access to high end state of art instruments like
- Electronic tonometer
- Streak Retinoscope
- Visual Field measuring devices
- Contact lens Design and Fitting Instruments
- Ultrasonic equipment for eye dimension measurements
- LCD / LED vision testing machines etc..
The course is recognised by the State Medical Faculty and the students who have taken the diplomas have either started working in our own hospitals or they are assisting well established Eye Specialists and surgeons.
Affiliated to: UP State Medical Faculty, Lucknow
Seats Available: 30 Seats
Duration: 1 year and 6 months followed by 6 months of internship